Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm so lame for not keeping this updated more often...

Quick update. There is a video of us singing Happy Birthday to Cole at the end...
Cole turned 1 on July 10.... Yeah! He was able to help blow out his candles and is now starting to walk and talk. He says: "bye bye, hi, hot, eat, no no, dat dat (that, that while pointing), bott bott (for his cup), boo "(for blueberries), and when we read Goodnight Moon he says "shh" on the two pages with the "quiet old lady whispering hush". Cute! He loves to show off when walking around and is quick and pretty skilled at getting himself up the stairs (the problem would be getting back down...).
Sam is REALLY looking forward to school. I have looked at a few, and we're going to enroll him at a new school tomorrow. He'll start right after labor day and can't wait. He is starting to do more with the alphabet and trying to spell but just isn't that into it. He'd rather be running around in his batman costume, playing ball, running outside, swimming, or crashing his trucks. Still loves to read books though and will Con anyone into reading at least 4 or 5 at bedtime. He's a sweet kid and keeps asking for us to get a house. He has even asked if Miss Mary Jo (the people we rented from in TX) would let us move back in to her house.
Darin has been training to run a 1/2 marathon with his buddy Bubba Beason. I'm really proud of him for doing it - I know it takes commitment and hard work. He is doing well with work and I'm pretty sure is enjoying the sea food we've been able to have here.
We found out that we have a third little Williams on the way... This one was a bit of a surprise but is a blessing none the less. I am due in the middle of February, and yes, we are going to wait until his/her birthday to find out what we are having... AGAIN. :) I've been nauseous and absolutely exhausted, but with the two little guys to chase after I don't have much time to indulge in extra rest. You just keep on going.....
I have had a difficult time finding full time employment, but as soon as that happens we will be able to start looking for our own home. My parents have been more help than you can imagine and have been very gracious in sharing their space with us and ALL OF OUR STUFF... but we are so anxious to have our own space again. I'm sure my parents look forward to having their space back to themselves as well. I took the International Board Certification Exam for lactation consultants on July 27. I won't have results until mid October (which is barbaric), but I hope I passed. With the certification I will be more likely to find full time work in my field.
Other than that we are enjoying the mild Summer. I have not had much trouble with my allergies this year and have even been able to eliminate two of my medications (I'm still on 2 more and my weekly shots, but any little bit helps!). Those who know me well will understand that the ONE sinus infection I've had since we moved back to MD in December is what I once thought was an impossibility (I had one each month of our first 6 months in TX requiring 21 days of antibiotics and a round of steroids each time!!).
So that's about it for now.

OK, just tried to get a video on here, but it was taking too long. Will work on it again tomorrow... or more realistically sometime in the next few days! ;)

2 comments:

Colby said...

Glad for an update! And I am *so* jealous of the weather you must be having. This heat is what is barbaric. hugs.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your upcoming Williams Expansion project! So much to update on our end. I will get in touch with you soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures! The boys have sure grown! Deborah Raley