Yeah! After about 3 months of searching, I have a job - actually 2 jobs.
I accepted a part time night shift position at Franklin Square in the Mother/Baby unit, and I also accepted a zero hours (as needed) position at GBMC in Lactation and the Nursery. I was kind of biting my nails hoping that both would work out because both are excellent opportunities and was blessed that two offers came through. Night shift isn't easy, but I'm hoping that only having 2 12 hour nights/week will be doable. That leaves one shift/week at GBMC, and I can do that on any shift for which they have a need. I'm going to have to keep one big calendar, so we'll all know where I am on any given day or night. Hopefully it won't be too confusing :)
Anyway, thought I'd share the good news. Please keep us in your prayers as we transition into my new work schedule and as Darin continues to look for work in this crazy market. Now - on to the much neglected mountain of paperwork that has accumulated as we both concentrated 100% of our efforts on looking for jobs ("pile" could never accurately describe it).
4 comments:
yay!!! that sounds perfect for you!
Awesome news Christa!I'm so excited for you! Tell Darin his job is to get Samuel potty trained! ;) I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. I miss you all!
Love,
Tammy
Awesome! So happy to hear the good news!
Missing you and wondering how you are doing...would love an update!
Post a Comment