Last night Cole started "Williams sleep through the night boot camp"! He didn't like it one bit and would have much preferred cuddling & nursing, but instead he cried on and off from 2:40 - 3:58 am. Then he slept until 7:45 am. YEAHHHH! I knew he could do it!
Samuel went to bed with earplugs after I had explained the deal to him. He ended up in my room at around 3:30 saying, "Mom, my earplugs aren't working!". He climbed into bed with me, and we talked for a bit. I had text messaged Darin (who is in Texas packing) during the whole thing, so I asked Sam if he wanted to talk with Daddy. Sam must have thought we had gone nuts, but he said, "Yeah!". Sam got on the phone and asked, "Dad, where are you?". Then at about 4 am Sam said, "Mommy - it stopped!". I said, "You're right! Lets go back to sleep, so we can go play with your cousins tomorrow.". Sam went right back to bed, and so did I. I was expecting another bit of crying before morning and was contemplating what my cutoff time would be between "night" and "morning", but God was merciful. The next thing I knew it was 7:45, and Cole was talking in his crib. He ate really well when he got up!
Those hour and 18 minutes truly were harder for me than for him, but he is no worse for the wear. Hopefully there will be less crying tonight. And for those of you who think it's heartless to do this - yes, I cried too.
2 comments:
Wow, you go girl. My hard time like this was when I was trying to ween Cameron from taking his naps in the evil swing, and making him nap in his bed, around 6 months.
For 10 DAYS he didn't nap, but cried through his entire nap. I was pretty adamant about keeping him on schedule, so once nap "time" was over, I made him stay awake. There were times when I didn't know if I was doing the right thing and super doubtful. Especially after a week of that. But suddenly, it all clicked, and on day 11 he took 2 three-hour naps in his crib.
Not that I am wishing you 10 days of this... but stick to your guns. Don't doubt yourself. And get Samuel some earplugs that work! ;)
Way to go! Sleep is definately worth it! Yeah!
Post a Comment