We're both still looking for jobs. I had an interview for a part time position on Monday, and I'm hoping that will become an offer. Until we both get jobs, we'll be at my parents' house.
Though we are anxious to be on our own and in our own space, my parents are making it pretty easy to be here. They do a lot with the kids while we work on job searching, etc., we get wonderful meals, and Dad's wine making is pretty fun. We have our own bedrooms and Mom has been awesome about letting us set up our own stuff for the time being. I'm sure it's not easy having their house all cluttered with our stuff and dealing with our temporary redecorating, but they keep saying that they're just happy we're here. I'm doing my best to keep the toys off the floor and our over abundance of stuff out of the way.
I have had a lot of fun being near my Sister & her family. We have gotten together for 2 scrap booking sessions so far and plan to do more. Wish Karen & my scrap booking friends from TX could come across the US to join us! Samuel loves getting to play with his cousins and had a blast when we visited the Sallas (friends with a little boy Sam's age - Evan). The two of them ran off and started playing as soon as we arrived at their house - and they played well! I'm also having a great time catching up with friends.
I won't lie. The stress of being jobless is hard - as I'm sure you can all imagine, but we pray a lot and trust that the Lord will provide us our needs. We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives.
1 comment:
Love catching up with the updates! Your boys are getting so big and they are so cute! We lived with my parents for a while during a transition phase--it can be a bit stressful, but it would be much worse without wonderful parents to help out! We will keep you all in our prayers and I know everything will work out!
Post a Comment